Alfredo Sauce

How do YOU make your alfredo suace? I know there are a trillion different recipe websites that can give me a recipe, but I'm asking you guys for YOUR recipe. That's if you'll be so kind as to share it. I'm looking for one that stays creamy and sauce-like. I've bought store brand once and it soaked into the noodles kind of deafting the purpose. If you have a tested and loved store/brand then please do share!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 5:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ours may not be fancy, but it's one we enjoy! We put cooked chicken breast pieces over linguine, then pour this over top and sprinkle parsley on it.

1/2 c. butter
    8 oz. cream cheese
    3/4 - 1 c. milk
    3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. white pepper (I've also used black)
    Melt butter and cream cheese together. Will be lumpy! Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir well so there are no lumps of cheese. Serve.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I use reduced heavy cream, butter and real parmiagano -reggiano cheese, S&P with the best Fettuchini I can get.
    why fake it.
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art15929.asp
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I melt 1 stick of butter, saute a few cloves of garlic, then add a half a pint of heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, and mix until the cream cheese has melted. Then I add an entire 4.25 oz. container of Parmesan cheese (shredded, not the cheepo, powdery stuff), and stir until all of the cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• start with 1 T olive oil, sautee' two cloves of whole garlic.
    Add 1 pint cream, stir till it's simmering, remove garlic.
    add two table spoons of butter at a time, swirling to melt, until you've added a whole stick.
    grate Fresh parm cheese into pan. you will use two or three ounces.

add cooked pasta, salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste. TASTE for seasonings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I once used a cream cheese recipe and it was creamy but not the same from allrecipes. A friend told me to use good parmesean and stir stir stir. I do not like the store bought.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• This is the recipe I use.  It might be 'fake' but it sure is tasty :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Alfredo-Sauce/Detail.aspx

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oo, I forgot to add, I mince the garlic, I don't just put it in whole!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• From a jar. LOL! Five Brothers is the brand and its better than anything I have attempted. Fast too!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I make it lighter by mixing sour cream and yogurt. use Greek yogurt or let the yogurt drain through a kitchen towel over a strainer for about an hour to make it thicker.
    I cook my pasta, and a few minutes before it's done, I heat the cream and yogurt mixture to a simmer (not to a boil or it curdles!) I slowly add some Parmesan cheese and let it melt. When the pasta is al dente, I drain it and immediately toss it in the sauce. I sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley and more Parmesan.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I buy a jar and add some butter or margarine and milk. Or I use the packets. I've never had it get dry unless I didn't use enough.
    Anonymous