my 7 year old has pimples on her forhead,nose,and arms...which started when she was six,also she has very bad body odor on here armpit area after playing.....shes very tall and over weight...could it be hormonal?......weve used gentel facial washes...she uses deodorant....and weve cut out alot of foods from her diet...

jenziata

Asked by jenziata at 6:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If it were my daughter, I'd make her an appointment asap with a Pediatric Endocrinologist. Being overweight may have something to do with it yes, but I'd still have her seen by an Endocrinologist. They specialise in metabolic & hormonal issues. Unless her personal hygiene habits are lacking, It is not normal for a 7 yr old to have pimples & a bad body odor under her arms.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have to agree that if her hygiene habits are good, then make an appt with the family doctor to see what he/she thinks. i wouldnt want my kid to be made fun of for something they didnt cause. (like if my son is a butt head to his friends and they are mean back i dont really mind - he is learning how to treat ppl..... that would be something he caused)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would take her to see a pediactric endocrinologist. Have her hormone levels checked just to be sure.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree with going to the endo. They check for everything.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You could ask her doctor if she can use proactive acne body and face wash.My daughter had a pimple on her nose,she's 8, but I think it was caused from not washing her face enough,she was wearing alot of sunscreen but we used clean and clear sensitive skin foaming face cleanser, and it took the pimple away fast.Ask her doctor if clean and clear is safe to use on kids.Here's clean and clear's number 1-877-skin-411 or www.cleanandclear.com to ask questions about this product.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010