Are you feeling overwhelmed with Halloween?

I love Halloween but this year there seems to be soo much going on for that weekend. That Thursday there is a community party and Friday the kids have their Halloween party at school, then Saturday we have a church party and then another Halloween party at a friends house, and then another one that night at my Sisters. Then of course Halloween, where we have to run to all my relatives houses so they can see my DS in his costume and then go trick-or-treating. My DS is going to be wearing his costume for 4 days straight....at least I am getting my moneys worth out of it lol.

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• a little bit hectic, but ithink thats what makes it a bit more fun this year :-)
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No I love Halloween, it is one of my Favorite Holiday's...
    judybronxmom68

Answer by judybronxmom68 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hubby is working evenings halloween weekend so I might take my son to my mother's Saturday morning so she can give him candy, (he's' 17 and does not care about Halloween but she does it anyway) and we will be staying home the rest of the time to see if any trick or treaters come.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, we don't plan that much lol. The kids schools don't celebrate Halloween (and yes they are public schools, not religious schools or anything), and though our friends are having a Halloween party for adults on that Saturday, we informed them we do not know if we will come, it depends on what our schedule is. The 24th the base chapel is doing a Fall Festival which we will take the kids to, and then Saturday the 23rd we will carve our pumpkins and make a fun day of that. For actual Halloween, we are just making a special "halloween" themed meal for ourselves and then DH and I are taking DD out trick or treating while the older boys stay home and hand out candy to the trick or treaters. DS (13) thinks he's too old for trick or treating, and DS (11) is just excited that he's old enough to stay home and hand out the candy this year lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Nope, I love it. Fall is generally chock-full for us, with festivals galore and also some parties, then Felipe's birthday and Thanksgiving, and then all of a sudden it's Christmas season which is even fuller! It's all fun stuff, though, so I make a point of not stressing over it. I have TONS to do b/c I like to bake a lot and make a lot of gifts, do a lot of crafts with Felipe etc, but if it;s stressful why do it? That's my philosophy anyway. So I do what I do b/c I enjoy it, and if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010