Signs of true love - true love not vindictive (even in a break up)?

The bible speaks of love being patient. If someone you love very dearly hurts you (and you are in love with that person), you wouldn’t want to hurt that person but try to win that person back. Is this correct? Is it true that true love is never vindictive, even in the worldly (not meaning sexually)?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 6:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe that true love is not vindictive, but that humans are flawed creatures... we want revenge when we have been hurt - and that is our flaw. True love, in the Biblical sense, is pure - people are to one another more than themselves, to treat one another the way we would like to be treated. Sadly, we are earthbound and susceptible to sin.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Having said that, I have found true love in a man who would die for me or our child. He loves me for me and not how I look or how I dress or what I can do for him. He has loved me for more than 20 years and I feel so blessed to be the one who loves him back.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you may believe that it true love for you but the other may not.. that is why they are not togerher? that just sounds psyco like someone couldn't deal with a break up so their going to go do whatever that can to "TRY" to get someone back that doesn't want that relationship.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, not a psycho way. Just a way of giving space in respect, but not to hurt back in revenge.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If this person hurt really bad then why would someone want to be with them? I guess i'm just a little more hard core and don't take no crap anymore. Trust would be an issue for me too, once someone hurts deeply it's hard not to think that they wouldn't do it again.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• All of the things in that scripture about love is, are CHOICES you make. In our flawed human form, it's more like "There is a thin line between love and hate."
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010