If we were to pull out of Iraq under an Obama Presidency will all the sacrifices of the men and women who died and were injured be in vain?

Honestly....will this be another Vietnam were our soldiers come home defeated and spit upon...will all of the deaths and injuries be in vain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No.
    Anonymous

• No, it is not the fault of the soldiers that their leaders lead them into a battle that cannot be won.
    Anonymous

• Not to all but the situation will be a complete defeat as far as finishing what we need to finish.. our vets will always be heros no matter WHAT the cause..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• They were in a war that should never of been in the first place. There is no true win. PNAC wanted the soldiers to go in Iraq to get Saddam out, far as I heard they did and he was hung. What we have not won till we have killed every man, women and child there? I heard another report on the mental illness of the people we have caused because of the war, when is enough for us? Are we even human any more.
    Anonymous

• YES YES YES
    I didn't want the Iraq war, either, but now that we are there, we need to have a proper VICTORY before leaving. Too many men and women would die in vain
    Anonymous

• honestly, in reality. Think about it from a military stand point. It is not a good strategic move to stay in Iraq. Obama has said it will be a responsible pull out and the military will concentrate on Afghanistan where Al Qaeda is located.  No one has died in vain but the war must move to where it should have been to begin with.  It's time to move overthere.  We got Saddam now we need to get Bin Laden

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes we have came along way in Iraq and we need to take a few more years to train the Iraqi Soldiers. We have already turned over Camp Fallujah to them. We need to stay there and finish what we started, it wouldn't be fair to the Iraqi people to just leave now.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Not that very many people in this country care about the military any more but the answer to your question is yes.

Speaking as the wife of an Infantry Marine who did two tours in Iraq and lost several of his close friends, if we were to simply pull out in a 'grab-your-gear and run' plan then it will leave a vacuum that will be filled by Iran or Russia or some other country that's hell bent on seeing us kneel to them.

A strategic and timed withdrawl will ensure not only the morale of the troops (which as I said before most people in this country really don't care about anymore) but national and world security as well.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• And in answer to the second part of your question our troops are already spit on and cussed at and a long list of other nasty things that makes my stomach ill to think about.

Matter of fact those doing it today make those who did it during Nam look like they were being friendly and sweet.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 3:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Please tell your husband>Blue CollarMama...that I appreciate his sacrifices for this country and keeping my family safe and I thank you as well for being his devoted spouse! I agree with everything you have stated! :)
    Anonymous