not exercising...what happens?

It was 115 degrees where I live this summer so the beginning of my pregnancy I didnt want to go outside, it was so hot! I swam a few times but not alot because I had just gotten a tattoo that couldnt be in the sun or water.
I am not an athetic person by any means, I live a sedentary lifestyle and prefer it that way.
It is cooling off and I do need to start walking.

I havent gained weight, I am still 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight and I am 7month pg.
But I am wondering how much it will really effect my labor?
I am not doing it natural by any means so what does it effect?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So are you saying you haven't gained weight? Did I read that right? Lucky girl!

When you say you aren't going natural, does that mean you're having a c-sec or just pain meds? Exercise is always good for the body. Whether or not you have noticable amounts of body fat, your heart still needs it.

A friend of mine didn't exercise at all. After she had her baby she had a blood clot in her lung. The doctors said it was from just having a baby and not exercising enough. She was not on any BC or pills to make her clot. She gained 60 while preg but started out only at 110 lbs.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Its good for you just to do. And even if you are planning on pain meds for labor, you still have plenty of contractions before you get the meds. And walking can make labor go faster, which is also good if you want the epidural. Because if you have not progressed enough into labor and you get the epidural, your labor can slow down. Its also good to keep blood pressure down, which will lessen the risks of Preeclampsia and Toxcemia(sp?). And good for the blood sugar staying regular which will help avoid gestational diabetes.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2008