Which cloth diapers are easiest? Any favorite brands?

I'm considering cloth diapers (am I crazy?). From what I've read it seems AIO is the way to go but there's so many brands I don't know which are best. I definitely want to be able to use the disposable/biodegradable liner. Any suggestions?

aberto

Asked by aberto at 7:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the plain jane -diaper pinned-plastic pant covering-pre fold...I think it is a waste of money to buy those fancy pantsy type...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I love the bum genius. Lots of good info at http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I love the one size Fuzzibunz. I use those when out and about. I use prefolds and Thirsties covers when at home.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just started cloth diapering 3 months ago when my son was 2 months, I tried many kinds before we found something we liked that worked for our family. The AIO take longer to dry and are harder to get clean. We went Bumgenius 4.0 pocket diapers with snap closures. Dont go with diapers with velcro closures,the velcro doesnt hold up and you always have to make sure its closed before wasing. Go with a OneSize diaper so you wont ever need to change sizes and buy new.Pocket diapers are nice because you can stuff with as many inserts as you need. I use 1 during the day changing every 3 hours, and 2 if we have to go 4-5 hours.The inserts come so much cleaner in the wash because they arent hooked into the diaper like the AIO's. You cant use just any detergent or you will get buildup on the diapers and they leak. Go to www.jilliansdrawers.com you can try any diaper for a month and return it if you dont like it!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• continued:
    I dont like the diapers that dont have a layer of fleece in between the babys skin and the insert. The pocket diapers have the soft fleece layer which keeps the babys skin dry. I dont want a wet insert against my babys skin, those tend to cause diaper rashes.
    Jillians drawers has lots of info on their website about detergents and washing instructions. I use Country Save detergent or RockinGreen-I order them both online. To wash my diapers I run a cold water rinse cycle, hot water wash with 1tbs detergent, and extra rinse,always using the highest water level setting. The extra rinse gets rid of all the soap so it doesnt irritate baby skin. I have always hung my diapers to dry on a drying rack to save more money. It takes some time to figure it all out, we LOVE it!!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010