No offense to Obama supporters

I just got this information from hearsay so I don't know for sure it's true, but the source I feel it to be pretty darn reliable. I heard that if Obama is elected he was going to make it so that tax payers basically pay for abortions. Personally, I don't think that's right in a couple of ways. What happened to the freedoms we are supposed to have? So, doesn't that mean I'd be paying for something that another is choosing to do that is against my morals? I honestly don't believe I should have to pay for someone having an abortion...if they want one, then they need to pay, not me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This is absolutely a part of his plan. I believe it is included in his universal health care proposal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• No - you need a more reliable source.
    Anonymous

• That is in no way, shape or form true. I would research all of the things you're hearing on non-partisan webistes such as http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/ or www.factcheck.org
    JaidedEchani

Answer by JaidedEchani at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You need to check your facts and do not go by hear say. People are trying everything they can to sway people. My library some how lost all 5 books they had on Obama, weird?
    Anonymous

• No that is not true look it up. Just a nasty rumour
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Actually I think that could be a possibility. I live in OR and the state health plan (OHP) will pay for an abortion if you have it already.
    I found this out b/c a friend of a friend got one and I was a little upset about it. I had no idea they would pay.
    I guess they figure if they pay for them to have an abortion, then they wont have to pay for health care, food, housing, and other expenses later down the road for the baby.
    Anonymous

• In the good 'ole state of California Medi-Cal has funded a total of $49,571 FFS (Fee-For-Service) abortions in the year 2001 as an example with an average of $322 per procedure totaling $15,968,875 for all abortions....if you want to see more on these statistics go to:
    www.dhcs.ca.gov/MCSS ....In answer to your question...my tax money is already being used to pay for abortions that go against my morals!
    Anonymous

• The govt already pays for abortions out of your tax money, whether you are pro-life or pro-choice makes no difference. Another reason to carefully check out what your candidates REALLY stand for before voting for them. Party affiliation doesn't always guarantee their position on a certain subject.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'd be paying for something that another is choosing to do that is against my morals?

that's how I feel about Iraq . . .

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• the closer the election get the more hateful, cinic, trouble oriented mccain supporters get. just like the campaign. every single day I get a hateful phone call from mccain camp. and tons of hateful mail. Is like the more desperate they get the more they attack. cm posters would make mcrage very proud spreading hate every chance they have. yet they claim not to be desperate but you can tell by the number of hateful posts in here and how nasty mccain ads and phone calls are. just ignore all these post, report the ones that are arcist, hateful and/or offensive and post your own positive ones.
    Anonymous