Do you approve of hunting for fun?

any feelings on the matter?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think anybody who gets a kick out of killing innocent animals "for fun" has some definite screws loose... How can ANYBODY actually enjoy killing? I realize sometimes hunting is necessary for herd control etc, and even though I certainly would never do it, I can understand it. But for fun? No, that's beyond me, and frankly seriously disturbs me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I disapprove of hunting for 'fun'.Hunting for the meat is the only hunting I'm ok with.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, I don't understand the "sport" of it.

I think if one is going to hunt or fish, unless you're doing something non-lethal (such as tag and track or catch/release), then you better damn well be prepared to eat what you caught. Otherwise, you've killed something for no legitimate reason other than to alleviate your own boredom.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always imagine people that kill for fun are the same people who as kids liked to pull the legs off spiders and such. Useless killing/torturing is never okay, in my book. It's also how serial killers usually start off....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no. I approve of hunting for food only
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I do not agree with hunting for fun. If you will not eat what you kill let it live
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• NO. I could NEVER shoot an animal. Killing something is not exciting. And I don't approve of owning guns. I am anti-violence.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I grew up in a hunting and fishing family. We always ate was was hunted and caught.
    I don't understand why someone wouldn't eat what they hunted.
    But I know my dad and brother enjoyed the sport of it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We live out in the country and hunting is what we all do. If we didn't hunt deer then there would be a lot more accidents where people totalled their cars because a deer ran out in front of them. There are few people that I know that don't hunt. We live in farm land so hunting is what we do. I also don't know anyone in this county that doesn't own a gun...my lawyer even owns a gun. So vote me down for my way of life but I didn't vote anyone down for their way of life.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010