i dont know what to think anymore

i was raised christian and my family all goes to church and my cousins are miniters but lately i dont know if i believe all of this anymore. i feel there is something above and beyond out there but i dont know if it is one god or what. i dont believe any more that jesus did all the things he did in the bible. i think he may have been a man who was very christian and was an amazing precher but i dont know what to think anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep. You are the only one who can decide what to think. Welcome to agnostic point of view. Research some other beliefs and see what fits you best. A good site is Religioustolerance.org. It offers up alot of different beliefs without being biased. Just the straight forward facts. I too am seeking a new path so I know how it is. Wishing you luck in your search.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I will be honest. I'm sorry you feel that way :( The only one who can answer this and decide for yourself is you. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Anything said is totally confidential. If I can pray for you about anything, I would be happy to do that. God loves you, no matter what decision you come to.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Often when we are focused or raised in the "religion" of Christianity and not focused on or raised to know about a "relationship" with Christ, it can cause one to doubt their beliefs. I was raised in church and knew about religion... but didn't have a real "relationship" and walked away. I came back and developed a "relationship with Christ. The Bible and things in it and the miracles that Jesus did and other miracles don't make since... but God uses the foolish things to confound the wise. His ways are not our ways and it often doesn't make since... which is the reason it requires "faith". I would suggest having an honest conversation with God, just talking to Him and developing a relationship because He does love you and that's what He wants is a relationship. God bless and I'll be praying for you.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Sounds like you are leaning towards agnostic like 2autisticsmom said.
    try www.religioustolerance.org
    There is a lot of information on there about most religions. There are more sites but this one is a good starting point.
    Good luck with your search
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• you can go to beliefnet.com and take the belief-o-matic test. It is pretty accurate as to what religion you personally believe.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• send me a message I have to tell you something between me and you..God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That's exactly what the devil wants you to believe...There is no God....But I tell you what he knows there is a God...he trembles at this name. Praise be to Jesus Christ.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Let it rain, let it rain.
    Open the floodgates of Heaven

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad
    Let the distance shores rejoice
    Clouds and thick darkness surround him
    Righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne
    A fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side
    His lightning lights up the world
    The earth sees and trembles
    The mountains melt like wax before the Lord
    Before the Lord of all the earth
    The Heavens proclaim His righteousness
    And all peoples will see His Glory

We want to see Your Glory, God!
    Do you want to see His Glory?
    Lift your voices, lift your hands!
    Come and move oh, God, we want to see Your Glory.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ever seen Dogma, the movie by Kevin Smith? I know that sounds silly but they make a very valid point in it

think of your faith as a glass, when you are small that glass is small so it is easily filled. As we grow, that cup gets bigger and takes more to fill it.

maybe what you were raised to believe isn't right for you any more. I do not fit in with any "organized religion" but I am Christian.

research what you do believe in. hopefully you will find the answers you need.
    Anonymous

• what happened to make you change your mind?
    hunilemonrose

Answer by hunilemonrose at 5:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008