What ever happened to punctuation?

People just write in a stream of words with no punctuation. You never know where one thought begins and another ends, because people just type every thought that comes into their heads without consideration of those from whom they require help. It is very disturbing that we now have to decode sentences - especially on a site created for mothers.

Is this the cause of texting or are people just too lazy to write a sentence with at very least a noun and a verb and use proper punctuation?

neebug3766

Asked by neebug3766 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in

• I agree, it does make it more difficult to make sense of things because you have to try to figure out where one subject or sentences ends, and where one begins. I do understand people that have difficulties like dislexia having troubles, but what about the other XX% who have no reason not to make an effort. I sure hope they have better typing/writing etiquette at their place of employment!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Add in poor grammar and spelling...yikes, future generations are screwed if it keeps up this way!
    Anonymous

• Drives me insane, too... I'm dyslexic, so I already have trouble reading some of these answers, then people create a single sentence out of an entire paragraph, use their "text type" or simply can't figure out the spell check, I'm really up a creek...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Welcome to one of my pet peeves. I call him Rusty, because that's what has become of communication skills.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's a pet peeve of mine as well!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think you made some mistakes yourself in this question.................
    Anonymous

• It only bothers me if I can't understand the question. Last I checked we weren't *actually* being graded here so I'm unclear as to why it would matter.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It matters to me, because people here are requesting help and expect answers. One cannot be expected to give an intelligible answer if the question is unintelligible.
    neebug3766

Comment by neebug3766 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That's kinda the thing though. This isn't a place of employment or a resume or even a class paper we are typing here so I think nothing of miss spellings, punctuation or grammar as long as I get the point. Yeah they text style type is kind of annoying but again as long as I can understand it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think it's fine...I do not see what the big deal is...Shit like that is high school crap...Lets grow up and move on NEXT QUESTION PLEASE...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010