My 3 year old seems to hate his new class in daycare

He's at the same daycare but in the preschool class now instead of the older toddler room. They were suppossed to transition him over a week he was in the class within two days. a few weeks later they had flooding in his classroom due to storms, so just as he was getting used to it his routine was messed up by them going from one building to another for a week. We have also successfully toilet trained him at home yet at school he won't use the potty so he either soils himself or wears a pullup. Although he's a very chatty kid they say that there he won't ineract with or tallk to the other kids or the teachers. This all seems to have started since he moved up to the preschool room. Opinions.

ccdk207

Asked by ccdk207 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Something is definitely amiss in this new class. Try to get him to tell you what is going on - ask questions that require answers besides yes and no. Who is upsetting you? What did someone do to you? Why don't you like your new class?

It could be other kids, teachers, the environment, or just that he is having difficulty making adjustments. He is really the only one who can tell you what is causing these new behaviors.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I put my son in a new preschool last year and it changed him. He hated it. He didn't use those words, but he refused to use the restroom there, was upset and angry when I picked him up, he wasn't sleeping well - it was horrible. :P I finally moved him to a different preschool at Christmas break, and he was so much happier. But it some ways he was never the same after his bad experiience. He's been more anxious ever since then. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010