What can I do about a defaulted mortgage & they won't take my payment & I don't have the $3000 they want up front?

Life has hit us HARD & we are 3 months behind on our mortgage & trying to catch up...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you applied for a modification?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tried, they say we don't quailify. I'm really scared & don't want to lose our home. We can do a repayment plan if we pay the $3000 first. Just praying for God to provide in a BIG way. Thanks!
    hrbrad4d

Answer by hrbrad4d at 7:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• How do you NOT qualify? There are a million and two options out there. I ahev been running in circles with them for almost 2 years over mine. We are about ready to liquidate. In the long haul of things 3,000 could be worse. Are you making the payments now? If so maybe taxes will be able to get you back in the green. What about title loans? (Keep in mind you do have to pay those back lol)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• wait they won't take your payment? weird.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have you called the HOPE hotline for more info?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Right, they say they can't take a payment for less than 3 months. Well, if I had that we wouldn't be in this mess! They drive me nuts!
    hrbrad4d

Answer by hrbrad4d at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I know right!? WE are with Bank of America and they are about as helpful as a sack of potatoes. We have been declined for one type o mod because we qualify for another type only to be turned down because we qualify for the original one. This has happened 4 times! I'm not sure they know what they are doing really...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, we have the other one...JP Chase. I'm gonna try HOPE. Just found out about them. Thanks!
    hrbrad4d

Answer by hrbrad4d at 8:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We are with BOA and were 3 months behind. The letter said they could send our payment back if it wasn't for the full amount but i sent it anyway. We didn't qualify for modification either. They took the payment. So now I am just 2 months behind. I called and they said as long as I keep sending in the payments and don't get more than 3 payments behind they won't start forclosure and when i can send extra i will catch up the back payments. Which probably won't be until tax time. So i'll be 2 payments behind until then. Try to send the payment anyway. If they send it back they send it back. My letter said they would send it back but they didn't. I didn't call until AFTER i sent the payment and was then just 2 months behind. It's worth a shot.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• MY DH works with Wells Fargo and he just said send the payment, they wont decline it..worst case scenario you will be 2-3 months continually behond until Jan then at taxes the whole thing goes towrds it as well
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010