I quit facebook and I don't regret it. I found it to be full of fake friends not real ones.

Anyone else quit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I haven't quit, but I'm not impressed with it.
    I wasn't friends w/anyone in high school, not 'hanging out, talking on the phone' friends.

So when I joined facebook, I found a couple childhood friends that I was, and we chatted.
    Some of their friends, who knew me in HS, friended me, ect. But here's the deal:

They never talk to me. No matter what I post, I rarely get a reply from these 'aquaintances'.
    My childhood friends will respond, but they're not on nearly so often anymore.

So I've pruned my flist there, and may do it again. It's no big deal to me.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, because the only people on my friends list are family and friends I know in real life. My house is an anti-cyber friends zone.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope. I HATE the phone and don't email... SO facebook is an awesome way for me to stay connected to my REAL friends and family...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I use FB. Mostly people I went to school with, or know otherwise, & family are my friends on there. I always think it's crazy when someone has over 500 friends on there though!
    nicksmom604

Answer by nicksmom604 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope not facebook i got my family and friends ONLY...i quite MYSPACE...i hated that site it sucked and was always full of little kids and fake profiles...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, I LOVE Facebook... the only friends I have on there are the friends I have in "real life", and family. I HATE the silly games though... occasionally I'll play scrabble or something but other than that I use it to catch up with family & friends who live far away... and those who do not as well. It's a great communication tool.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yeek I didn't realize this was getting so heated before I posted... *steps away slowly*
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• lol, that's why i never got on there to begin with.....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Facebook has been very helpful for me. I got well connected with a lot of politicians and those with political views. I had a political question about the conflicts of interest of quid pro quo as a bookkeeper at an SBA lending agency (way back before November). Now, I'm writing a journal about survival. If it weren't for Facebook, I would have been ignored. Plenty of people speak to me daily of their opinions and thoughts, which I respect very much.

It's not about friends, but about acquaintances.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's kinda all what you make it.It's nice to catch up with old friends or famiily that lives far away.That's the good thing about it. Ofcourse, there are always people that make trouble, but if you don't want someone on your friends list you can remove them. If there's too much drama....just don't go there with them. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010