Tmi sorry adult content

Ok am 18 weeks pregnant and very constipated. had to push pretty hard to go to the bathroom. I get overly worried sometimes will this hurt the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it won't hurt the baby but it may give you hemorrhoids.
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No it shouldn't hurt the baby, but don't push so hard... you'll get hemmoroids & NO ONE WANTS THAT. I got 'em with my 1st and they never went away... although they don't bother me too bad. See what stool softeners your doc will OK. They say it's hormones + prenatal vitamins that stop ya up. I'm sorry you're going through this mama... and congrats!!
    BTW I'm 22 weeks preggy & I'm right there with ya. Ugh... :P
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• um, def not. im pretty sure it will hurt you. but u need more fiber in ur diet and try not to be dehydrated. u will start to develop hemrroids around ur butthole, and theyre somewhat painful and sometimes bleed.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yeah dont do that, it will give u hemorroids.

get stool softners called colace, ask your DR, you are allowed to take them while prego and also eat things with lots of fiber like whole wheat pancakes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It wont hurt baby, but its not good for you, make sure you are eating a lot of fiber, and drinking a lot, I find that water with lemon in it helps me.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope haha
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would eat more fiber enriched foods and try taking a colace once a day. If you feel really constipated then try a glass of prune juice.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• drink a full glass of cold water and try to eat something with fiber . every morning when u wakeup drink a cold glass of water u should be in the bathroom within the hour it woks for me and it doesnt give u the runs just helps u along
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Pretty sure you are not the only one who has had this problem.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010