I like Separate Bedrooms

My husband and I recently celebrated our daughters first birthday. After the year we had it was a well deserved celebration. The problem? We swore we would turn our lives around. We would control our vices, and be more productive with our time and money. One of the vices that had paralyzed our relationship was our drinking, but once I became pregnant and bought our daughter home I stopped but my husband has not. I've begged him to get help, to speak to a professional, and gone to his family all in vain. I'm tired and can't do it anymore. When he's drunk he snores loudly and wakes me and my daughter, so I tell him to sleep in the guest room. We're going on 2 months now, and I'm perfectly happy with the seperation. Thoughts

Carmiesmom08

Asked by Carmiesmom08 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• if there is a drinking problem then he needs to stop. i went threw this with my hubby and he then had a wake up call when he was told that his liver was not normal looking for a 24 yr old. sometimes thats what it takes. if it makes you happier with the way things are right now then it may work for now but you will only draw farther a part and he will not stop
    Anonymous

• my mom told my dad - either stop drinking or leave and he left.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I wish that (sleeping in separate) would come back in stile..My DH snores..But he doesn't think it's right for married couples to sleep in separate rooms

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2008