Yes, I hunt for fun.......AND for meat. Hunting IS fun!

We live in the country and hunting is what we do. We are surrounded by chicken farms, veal farms, pig and cow farms. I got voted down because I thought hunting was fun and was even compared to a serial killer because I found hunting fun. We use the meet to feed our family and also donate meat to families that can't afford meat. How is my way of life wrong just because you don't agree with it? Killing animals doesn't make someone a bad person or a serial killer. I don't know one person who hunts for the meat that doesn't think it's fun. Were we live, even out lawyer hunts and has a gun, it's our way of life. I was just upset that I got voted down several times because I enjoy hunting.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to hunt... I never would have quit if I knew someone who would eat the meat. But I won't kill something and just let it go to waste, that just goes against everything I believe. So I quit... I miss it! But I think this was the better choice for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• So live your life the way you choose and don't dump it all over people who you know will criticize you.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There are tons of people who hunt, not just for sport but because the meat they bring home to their families saves $$, is fresh, safe, and natural. You don't have to justify what you do. People are always going to have something negative to say, even if you were a friggin PETA activist someone would hate you for it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• As long as you're eating it, I have no problem with hunting. It's when people do it only for sport that I find it wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• don't let it get you down....i have seen alot of people voted down (myself included) for far stupider reasons lol. there are alot of people in my family who hunt too. hunting is a sport, and sports are supposed to be fun. it's not my cup of tea, but i am not going to judge someone over it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just don't find it necessary anymore. That is what ranches and grocery stores are for. I am not going to sit and bash you, and I am not going to sit here and tell you that if I had to kill the cow to have my steak I would be able to do it. I enjoy steak..but not killing animals. I cannot just take a gun and hide in the bush somewhere and blow some living creatures brains out...I just don't have it in me. I would have guilt, and feel bad. Again...I will set a mouse trap...so, it is all relative to me. You do your thing and I'll do mine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hunting is no different than buying meat at the store. Any animal protein is a product of the killing of some animal, how you procur it is irrrelevant. I don't hunt, but many family members do and I see nothing wrong with it. In this day and age, most people are completely disconnected from the process of how food gets to the table. People used to be directly involved in growing or hunting and processing their food, now the process is so sanitized that many kids probably think all food comes in neat little packages. This disconnection from the cycle of life is unfortunate (and much of the food isn't so good either). Anyone who eats meat has no grounds to criticize hunters.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• To Kerp

I don't like the taste of it, any of it. Not a duck fan, definitely NOT a deer fan, etc... And as far as fishing goes, I don't like fish either! So I could totally live without hunting and be A-okay.
    Anonymous

• Lol. I got voted down 4 times in my first reply so far... Who cares really? A voting down isn't going to change my opinion on it.

To Worried - I know they're not the only things hunted, sorry if I didn't take the time to list ALL of the things that are hunted.

I eat chicken, beef, rarely pork, crab, lobster, and shrimp. That's it for meat, if you consider seafood meat. No fish, no veal, no ducks, no moose, no deer, no snake, no squirrel, no possum, no rabbit, etc.
    Anonymous

• eye rolling

Anonymous