adjusting to a new house?

My six month old never had bedtime issues. She always fell asleep peacefully by herself in her crib every night. We just bought a new house and now she acts up every time during bedtime. What can I do to stop this?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww.. she is still a sort of newborn and certainly infant.. they pick up on these things, in addition it is a hard adjustement for them, think of it, to this cold, dry, BIG world... get a nightlight for the room, play soft music on a cd player or ipod station, sing to her, hold her extra long and use lavender Aveeno lotion liek i do on her at bedtime... make bedtime the same every night, give her a blanket (yes dont be scared i do it for her to bite on (probably teething) and give hylands teehting tablets, four of them (they are natural and no chance of od and ive used on BOTh my kids they WORK) at bedtime and any time needed durign day, plus give INFANTS acetaminophen (one dropper NO ibuprofen/motrin til 2 yrs old).. anyway, be patient and Follow HER lead... they cant be on a schedule til one year old my pedi said... also give bottle or breast to fall asleep and then slip it away and rest in bouncy seat or crib. bouncy sleeps
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• just keep the same routine you had before....my son was like that for a few months after we moved....just keep the routine and they will adjust.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010