Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can my husband be taken off child supprt if his ex does not have kids cps took them away?

if so were can he call we live in tx


Asked by sandi_361 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 13 (1,270 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • most states he would still have to pay, bare in mind the payment is for the Child not the Mother, therefore the money he pays will go to the state for the Children, in other words whoever the children are placed with will get money from the gov to help support them, so in turn your husband is paying for the people to raise his child, but chances are the childs Mother may also have to pay some child support to the State for the child also, depending on the situation of course.

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • I would think the money would still go to them, or the state for that matter... Why isn't your Husband raising them if they were taken away? It seems to me you should be more worried about the children than the money.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • Then you contest it, I would never let my children be raised by anyone other than me

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • I am pretty sure he still has to pay, it will just go to the state now. What I am wondering is why you are more worried about him paying then you are about the safety and welfare of those poor kids?

    Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • If CPS has the children, and not the bio-parents, then both parents should be forced to pay the state for taking care of the kids. In this case, why should the taxpayers be forced to pay when the 2 parents are the responsible party?

    Answer by kenzie07 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • Wouldn't the court have to have proof that he's an unfit parent, not just word of mouth of the druggie mother? Something about that doesn't make sense.

    Answer by Nanixh at 8:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • yes

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • Im pretty sure you still have to play child support but you have to pay it to the state. Why doesnt he try to get his kids back then you dont have to owrry about it?

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • yepp and im really not sure I live in CA call like a social services office were you get food stamps or like a court

    Answer by skin172 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

  • Another one of the Billions of reasons some people should NOT reproduce.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

Next question in Parenting Debate
Masturbation... adult content

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
could i be?? HELP !!