I am so sick and tired of being babied because I am pregnant. How do I stop it without being a bitch?

Ugh... people in my life obviously love and care for me. But in reality, I don't need to be asked every few minutes if I need a different more comfortable chair. I can still walk and stand so why is everyone planning activities where we all sit?

I can cook, clean, fold laundry, and do almost everything I could do before I was pregnant. I keep telling people that I am fine and I say it nicely, however, they almost seem offended as if I don't want their help. It is not that I don't want help, I just don't need it.

How do I stop it or handle it better?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• UGh! People did the same with me. If they don't respond to you politely declining their offers, I'd repeat myself and after that I tend to get nasty. I can't help it....it's hard to keep on being nice. I always told people, I'm not sick, I'm pregnant and If I need help I'll ask for it. Of course, make sure you thank them.....you may need help later! ;)
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• LOL in joy it while you can girl!! I wish my husband would wait on me hand and foot shoot its the other way around LOL

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Good for you!!!
    Some girls act like helpless disabled babies when they are pregnant, for no reason except they can.
    Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe instead of having them help you give them a task to do.
    If you are doing wash and they ask if you need help, ask them to do the dished or take out the trash. Or something you have wanted done for a long time but havent had time to do. Try delegating chores and they will feel like they are helping. They want to help they may feel useless if they dont. They are aware of the strain of pregnancy and all they can do to help that is lend a helping hand.
    Further along in your pregnancy when you feel the lovely back pains and swollen feet you may need that help. Or you may never need it. But just remember them helping you can help avoid those problems in the future.
    Good luck!

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• just keep telling them that ur fine and appreciate that they care. my husband doesnt make me load the groceries into the car or bring in the trash can from the street, but i can be complaining that my back is killing me and i need a different chair or a pillow to put behind me and nobody really cares. just enjoy it and maybe remind them that its after u have just had the baby that ur gonna need help cooking and doing laundry and relaxing
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I was one of the helpless disabled babies while I was preggers because well, I was on bed rest for months on end. I would've killed to have a family that cared. Be as polite as you can and next time, offer them your chair. Maybe they'll get the point.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008