My daughter is in love with dirt.... lol

My daughter loves dirt.... She loves it in her hair, her shoes, pockets etc... Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get her to leave it alone? LoL...

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• nope. Kids and dirt go together. :) she will outgrow it.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• well it's probably kinda late for this suggestion unless you live in a warm place, but i would let her have her own little garden. then she could go out and mess in the dirt while she's tending to her garden, and when gardening time is over, it's time to stop. but 5-8yo is plenty old enough to know not to put it into your hair....tell her that she is not allowed to put it in her hair or pockets and she is old enough to be punished if she disobeys (aka....well you can't follow the rules, so no gardening time for you tomorrow, and if you keep it up next time it will be no gardening time for a week)

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• well she will make good farm ,give her time let her enjoy the dirt they grow up so fast she will be running after boys soon enough
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Never heard of this, but maybe you could make a deal with her. Like if I allow THIS amount of time for you to be dirty and be in the dirt, you stay clean THIS amount of time.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just let her play in it, make her help with the clean up, and she'll grow out of it. I loved dirt as a kid. I even ate it. (Ewww, I know!) I grew out of it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks all! Did I mention she is doing this at school only? LoL... I told her this morning that if she came home w/sand in her hair or pockets that she wasn't going to be able to do cheerleading... We'll see what happens..
    believejohn316

Comment by believejohn316 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• oh my gosh thats funny..lol..my daughter is the complete opposite..she HATES!!! being dirty!! if she spills the tiniest bot of anything on her, she needs to change her clothes
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010