Does anyone use those high chairs that strap to your dining room chair?

Do they scratch up the wood? I have a nice dining room set, and I don't want it ruined yet!

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 8:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I keep one at my mothers house and it hasn't scratched the wood.....you could always get some of those non-slip sheets for cupboards or even put a towel down first
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm not sure. I have one, but we're still using the regular highchair. I'm planning on switching my son to the other one soon, so we'll see. My mom has one at her house and it didn't scratch up the wood on hers. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• LOL... its funny cause you so know it will in another year or so.... HAHAHA kids :) but I used one for a little while (my son didnt like it that much) it didnt mess up out wood... it had rubber to pervent that :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i used it ONE TIME ONLY... when i had my 1st child and used it once and never again...i did not like it at all
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my dad has one of those. if you're worried about it leaving a mark you could always use one of those rubberized mesh shelf liners you cut to size (they're at target....walmart...lowe's....home depot....) and cut it to go around the whole seat of your chair. make sure it goes on the side where the strap is. that will protect it and also cut down on the wiggling which might rub on the chair. i liked a regular high chair better myself...much easier imo lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Lol, that's why I put I don't want it scratched up YET! I know my time is coming! Arg :)
    EverydayMomma

Comment by EverydayMomma (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have only used this kind and I love em! never had a problem with the chairs at all.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, used/use one for both of my children and loved it. Never had an issue scraping the wood on the chair.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We had a fold up one (very portable) that we used when we went out to eat. It was really great...we knew it was clean and we never had to worry about the restaurant having a high chair available. The one we had could be taken apart and put in the dishwasher...
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We've had one for over a year with no concerns. Just be careful about your child pushing away from the table and possibly knocking his chair backwards. We always use the tray provided because we had a close call and my son almost went over!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010