HOW DO YOU COOK YOUR HOT-DOGS???

when i was growing up my mom/grandma always boiled them and i was never too into hot dogs...but in NEW JERSEY i found this place called JOHNNY HOT DOGS and omg they are one of a kind they deep fry the hot dogs in peanut oil and they come out super good...so when i make them for my kids i fry them with butter or in oil...the one thing i miss about Jersey is Johnny HD... =(

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We grill them or bake them in the oven for 15 minutes. Very rarely we will pan fry them. I would never eat a boiled hot dog.. GROSS!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• That sounds good, unhealthy but really stinkin good lol! ;) I'll have to try that someday.

I love grilled hot dogs.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I know it's nasty my mom use to MAKE ME EAT THEME...to me they look like fingers it's disgusting...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i pop them in the toaster oven or grill them

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• BBQ!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My grandma boiled them too =) I make them in the microwave, they taste the same. And deep fried anything is always better!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I grill them, I love the charred taste on a hot dog.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My older ds has came up with popping them in the microwave for about a minute. I don't really like them that way though. Me personally I like to cut the hot dog lengthwise stuff the cut with cheese, wrap with bacon and bake in oven until bacon is done.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Grilled or pan fried. (And only Carolina BriteLeaf hotdogs....it's sort of a Southeast NC tradition! )
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you know how people from Chile make them...They fry them in butter, toast the bread, then layer it up with mayo, diced tomatoes (cut tiny) and avocado....OMG THEY ARE SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010