Do you eat meat but are against hunting it yourself?

How is it wrong for someone to hunt their own meat but ok to buy it all pretty and packaged in a store? This may be a more modern time where people don't HAVE to get their own meat, but someone has to butcher and kill the animals that you buy and eat from the grocery store. Unless you are a vegitarian, you have no right to critisize hunters for killing their own meant instead of buying it in a store.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally, hunting for meat doesn't appeal to me, but I see nothing wrong with it IF you are going to eat it. People that kill animals and then just leave them...are horrible, in my opinion. I've eaten meat that people have gone hunting for before, and it was all pretty good. If anything, the animals that are hunted are treated far more humanely than those who are raised in what are basically factories and kept in horrible conditions. But...people have no problem eating that, do they? Then, some of those same people are against hunting. Ha! Wow.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hunting should be done by someone who knows how to do it. And none of the animal should be put to waste. As for myself hnting, I don't even know every cut of meat let alone how to hunt correctly. I am sure there is more to just pointing a gun at an animal.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• LMAO! Don't let the bitches make you feel bad about it. From the reports about the horrible conditons in meat packing plants, I am sure that hunters are more humane in their treatment of animals.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I loooove eating meat, but I don't have the patience to hunt. I'd be scaring away all the wildlife moving around and making noise. Do what you gotta do, I want my porterhouse!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i wouldn't go hunting myself, but i'm not against hunting. i do know that wild animals have a better life than those on a farm, and are killed more humanely believe it or not. you would not believe the horrible things they do to animals in slaughterhouses....it is not a quick and painless death by any stretch of the imagination. i don't like to eat anything you hunt in the wild though, and i have been forced to try just about everything (deer, wild turkeys, game birds, muskrats, squirrels, snappers, opossums) thanks to my grandmom lol.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I personally coudn't hunt but I have no problem with people doing it.... my cousins are big hunters and I actually really like bear and deer meat....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• proud hunting family here.. mmm venison
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, I'm against me hunting it... I do love to eat it, so someone has to do the dirty work!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Exactly!! Us hunters, butchers, and farmers all do the killing for everyone:)
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just because I'm not out wielding a gun or a cleaver doesn't mean I criticize those that do.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 8:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010