How can you calm down your baby when she is teething and has already had teething tablets?

lyccea_dawn

Asked by lyccea_dawn at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tylenol or let them chew on your knuckle or a teething ring if you have one.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We used to rub a little sassafras on our son's gums.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 8:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I used to wet a clean washcloth and put it in the fridge for awhile, then my son would chew and chew and chew happily. Good luck.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tylenol.  I refuse to just let my kids suffer.  If they were teething and acting like they were in pain then I gave them Tylenol or Motrin.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tylonel, motrin, teething tablets, orajel, cold teething rings, anything that makes her happy. Of course I don't give all the meds at once but I'll rotate them through.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tylenol is good, especially if the pain is keeping them awake at night, but with all their recalls I'd buy a generic acetaminophen. We also used a teething ring that had been in the fridge for a while. Once he was on solid foods and teething, frozen fruit or an ice cube in a mesh feeder helped ease some of the pain too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010