I am considering having my tubes tied and was recently told about Essure also... just looking for info and stories of others' experiences with either to help me make a decision.

i am pregnant with my third child and also have a stepson so am not wanting to have anymore kids. i'm just concerned with any health risks...

zaradance420

Asked by zaradance420 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• First of all, congratulations on the baby :) I do not have the Essure, or my tubes tied yet, but I know a few people who have had one or the other. I have heard no complaints about having a tubal ligation, but the people I know who got the Essure regretted it almost immediately. One of my close friends got it and she went to the ER 4 times (maybe more) within the first 6 months because of severe pain (to the point where she was vomiting and passed out), excessive bleeding, etc. She still has problems out of it, and she's had it almost a year. She had an infection about 4 months after it was put in, and at one point they thought it had perforated her tube. Another time, they thought it had fallen out. She could hardly walk or breathe after she got it because the pain was so intense. She said the pain didn't begin until she had had it for about a month. Before that, just mild cramping.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I highly recommend Essure. Tubal ligations have too many risks for my comfort. It can self reverse without your knowledge. It can also cause PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome). With Essure I can confirmation it worked. If it fails I will know. I have had basically zero side effects. I absolutely love it. And I have had it for over a year. I know many women on here that have had it and love it too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010