I have asked this before and got good answers bt still nothing has worked yet. :0) MAKE HER SLEEP! lol.

My daughter WILL NOT STAY in her bed!! She gets up over and over and over. We have tried do not engage. We have tried removing toys form her bed one by one each times she gets up. We have tried cuddling before bed. WE have tried night lights and music boxes. We have tried spankings... This is going on about 8 months of this... She will be 3 in December. On and when you put her in her bed she scream like a banshee. This is how we know she is back up. The screaming stops.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know you probably feel like the wicked witch but that's part of being a mom. Sometimes you just have to be the bad guy, tomorrow night let her know that if she lays down and is good then she can keep her door open otherwise it gets held shut again, at three I think she can understand that. Good job on sticking it out
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Temporary lock on the door. Remove everything from the room. Put her to bed, "lock" the door (just something that she can't get out that you remove when she's sleeping). I don't care if my kids are up in their room, because with nothing in there, it doesn't take long for them to go back to bed. And also when they can't get out, they can't go too far! It works for us - and like I said, it's a temporary "lock" that comes off when they're sleeping, so if they have to get up in the night to pee they can.
    Anonymous

• Give her some quiet toys that she can play with until she falls asleep. A baby doll, stuffed animal or books. But, she has to stay in her bed or they get taken away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• we talked about turning her door knob around so it locked from the outside...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• you named off a whole bunch of different things you've tried in 8 months, which suggests that you didn't stick to one thing very long. everytime she gets up put her back in her bed. don't say a thing, just do it. you could be up all night doing it, but you have to stick to it. the only way you're going to succeed is if you stick with that. no matter how tired, mad, etc. you are, just calmly put her back in the bed and ignore the screaming. it's a battle of wills that's all and you can outlast a 2yo lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Shehas toys in her bed. To many in fact because she gets up and hoards them. I n the morning she will have shoes, clothes, stuffed animals, play food, a phone book ... (yeah, I duuno either)
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I dunno. We were up til midnight for a week straight. I gotta go to work!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• a lot of the things mentioned were done in conjunction. I am normally a big fan of don't engage it just doesn't seem to phase her at all.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would say take away all the toys for starters, there's no reason why there should be any toys out at all if she's going to sleep. They should all be put up where she can't get them except one stuffed animal/blanket/whatever her comfort toy is to sleep with. Make sure she has a routine, every night at about the same time she gets a bath, brush hair/teeth etc., then try giving her a cup of warm milk with a chamomile/lavender extract in it while you read her a story to help her wind down then its bed time no questions or arguments. If she keeps getting up and keeps getting up lock her door. The next night make sure she knows that if she gets up you're locking the door again, but keep up the same routine each night at the same time, and don't let her sleep in the next day. Try waking her up by 8 or 9 every morning, and maybe shortening any nap time she has. That will hopefully make her sleepier at bed time.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, I just got her to sleep by holding the door shut. I feel so mean right now. Anyway I guess I will turn her lock around tomorrow. ::sigh:: She is up early every morning and she no longer takes a nap since we thought that was the problem. She now just has 'quiet time' in her room.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010