How do you feel about teenagers TTC?

By teenagers I mean 13-17. I know that at 18 and 19 your techinically a teenager but many 18 and 19 year old young women are married, mature, and supporting themselves or being supported by their husbands.

I know that things happen but how do you feel about teens getting pregnant ON PURPOSE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think girls do it to try to keep a guy.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think it's sad and they have a rude awakening comin!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well, I was a pregnant teen. (still a teen and pregnant AGAIN) But I am not who you are talking about. I was married and supporting ourselves. I think it is horrible. Many use the excuse, "I want someone to love me unconditionally" but they fail to step back and think about how they treat their parents and how sad they make their parents. Their kids will do that right back to them. They think babies can be an "accessory (sp?)" They forget that if they want a baby dressed in cute lothes they have to buy them. They think, oh, I'll go on WIC, welfare, etc, etc, and not have to get a job. It is really sad. Thats the only phrase that sums it up...sad. I wish I knew how to reach them, I really do.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I thinks its stupid, immature, and irresponsible. Clearly they have no concept of the time, money & sacrifices it takes to raise a baby.

Anonymous

• Scarey, I was 25 when I had my first child who my husband and I planned. I thought I was old enough and ready to be a mom, boy did I have it wrong, I don't feel I was a bad mom at 25 but I did not know what I was getting myself into I didn't know how life changing it would be, I mean I thought I did but thinking it and living it are 2 different things. I am now 30 still happily married and mother of 2, and let me tell you I am a different person now then I was 5 years ago. For those who are trying to have kids at such a young age, they have a rude awaking coming.

Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think I would like to smack 'em.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I don't think it's a good idea for young teens to be TTC, I mean, there's just so much more growing up to do. I mean, of course accidents happen and I'm sure there are plenty of teen moms who do just fine, but to purposely ttc before 17 years old to me is a little crazy! I was going out with my DH when I was 17 and I wanted a baby but I knew we were too young to have one.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• 13-17 year olds should be having fun as a teenager.They can't get that time back. A baby having a baby is not good
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i have a friend that has a son at age of 16 she doesnt regret having the baby but wishes she could have waited..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think it is unfair to an unborn baby to be born into a situation where things may not go right. I'm 19 and have a 4.5 month old son but DH and I support ourselves and him, and I can NOT imagine having him any sooner now. It's hard enough to do when you're graduated and have a job....I don't even know how it would work if you were still in high school.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008