Should I stop getting a flu shot?

Every time I get one I get so sick. My arm still hurts from the last one. Should I pass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• You arm hurts from last year or you mean you just got it and are questioning whether or not to get it next year? Well... if you have a chronic illness, history of pneumonia, asthma, or will be pregnant during flu season, you should continue to get it. Likewise if you the parent of a child with a chronic illness, history of pneumonia or asthma. However, if none of these situations apply to you, you probably don't need to get it. Full on influenza sucks, but it most likley would not be detramental to your health or the health of your family.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I firmly believe you should stop. Do research on the Formaldehyde content along with the other ingredients. Also, my husbands gpa just got it and now has bells pallsy from it, according to the doc. I got it once 5 yrs ago and that is the only time in 7yrs I have had it. Make an INFORMED decision.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i dont get the flu shot bc it always makes me sick
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• your arm hurts from a year ago? really? did you go to the dr. about that because that's not normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You should research the flu shot and make an informed decision. Make sure that you are looking at info regarding the 3-in-1.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No it is still beneficial. Don't be another extremist!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010