Is aynone out there on anti anxiety meds love the hear if there are people like mee

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• Hi yes I just started. Are you? I have been putting it off as I was breastfeeding for 17 months and needed to get myself better and start.
    Anonymous

• yes i have Xanax for when i need it...in the past i have taken Zoloft though and it helped
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yep. I started on anti depressants about 6 months after our DD passed away. If I try to go off of them, I go into a severe depression. Laely, I've been a nervous wreck over everything, it's not a pretty sight. My doctor started me on an anti anxiety med. I only take it when I really need it. I can't be a good or effective mother if I'm flipping out over little, silly things. The meds don't knock me out, just calm me enough so I can deal with things.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I tried anti-depressants for a while, but found if I forgot to take them in the morning I would have a migraine by 10:30 and have to go to bed. Not really good for a mom with ADD. Now I take a valium when I'm feeling overly anxious/stressed. That has worked better for me. DH has been on Zoloft for years with much success.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010