When can I expect my milk to come in?

I'm about 30 wks pregnant right now and today I had a stain on my bra when I took it off right over where both my nipples are.. does this mean my milk is getting ready to start coming in or something else? I haven't really read/heard anything about this in any of the parenting materials.

Skipo510

Asked by Skipo510 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• On average, 3 days after baby is born.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it could start now, or it could wait until after the baby is born. both are normal....everyone is different. if it does start now, you will still make colostrum once the baby is born just like if it waited until after birth.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You may leak colostrum from now until the birth and will continue to make colostrum ofr the baby for the first few days until your true milk comes in.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It depends on each person. What you're leaking is colostrum and it could start now or after the baby is born. It's normal either way. No worries. It just tells you that your body is getting ready for your little one :)
    ddsladyx

Answer by ddsladyx at 9:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010