As a Wiccan are you offended by witch Halloween costumes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Am not offended at all. i look at it as a sign of power and respect no matter what they meant by it. As Wiccans, Pagans and Witches we know the beauty, mystery and power behind the Witch that is something others don't realize or will understand
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not Wiccan, but I am a witch and I really don't care. I've done the Goth witch look and had a terrific time scaring people. Never done the green skin thing tho ... too much damn make up.

I've always wanted one of the smashed witches!! Those are too funny!!! Want one of the Santas too!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'm not Wiccan, but I'm a witch... And No, I'm not offended by them at all. I usually dress up as a witch, and I have a smashed witch out on the poll in front of my house...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, I'd sure hope not seeing as people dress up like Native Americans in tacky plastic beads and a cheap costume, or dress up like a mexican, or a gypsy and it's all in good fun so they say.....
    Anonymous

• interesting question, ive wondered this myself. i'll be watching for answers!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Not really. Personally, I am dressing as Elizabeth Bathory this year. (Witch and vampire all in one.. woohoo)
    It is the lack of explaination that this is only a costume and witches are not scary ugly things that bothers me (not offends) DS hid from me for two days after DH said I was a witch (which I am, but due to popular culture, the witch is bad)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Not a bit.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not at all it is all meant for fun so why get mad over something like that??
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• more important things to worry about
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2010