Do/did you wash your new baby clothes before they are born/wear them?

I always have... but I know some ppl don't... just wondering really. :)

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 9:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes! Clothes are preserved in formaldehyde. I would not want that on my new baby!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I did wash them first but I did not use the fancy baby laundry detergents. There was a few times they did wear clothes right off then hanger though when they were in serious need of a clean change of clothes! lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope and we never had any problems. and it was good because i had to take back a couple of things that were too small. if i washed them i would not have been able to do that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, always! Not just for baby, but for all of us.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i did ahead of time but wish i hadn't opened everything. they grow so fast i could have turned stuff in for bigger sizes! ;)
    charliesmom777

Answer by charliesmom777 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Absolutely, that goes for all of the new clothes that come into my house too. You never know what people may have done to them in the store or who may have tried them on. i.e. When I worked at a department store we had one woman come in w/ her 3 kids all of them obviously had lice and they took tons of stuff to the fitting room to try on... yuck! Plus there's always the chance your baby may be allergic to the stuff they put on new clothes to preserve them or to something that may have gotten on them at the store. Definately wash first.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, not always. I haven;t had a problem with it though. However, I probably should for my newborn and 5 yr old, due to the amount of dye they have in the clothes before being washed.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 9:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yes i washed them just in case but i do it for all of us so its no big deal!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I wash all new clothes before wearing them. You don't know what those clothes may have come into contact with before reaching you.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always washed mine.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010