help

when would i ouvalate if i started my period october 18,2010

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Count October 18th as Day 1 and count 14 days. That makes it Sunday, October 31st.  That's when ovulation should begin.  It's been awhile since I even thought about it, so  the younger Moms might have better advice.  Good luck!

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It is assumed that you would normally ovulate at about cycle day 14 if your entire cycle each month is 28 days long. I, for example, ovulate between cycle day 14-16 and my cycle is 28-30 days in length so everyone is different and not 'textbook'.
    I also observe for other signs such as your cervical mucus getting 'watery' or 'egg white' as this is your most fertile cervical fluid that is needed to aid the sperm on their journey. Also, if you do OPK's like I do, it shows the lutenizing hormone surge to let you know that ovulation is coming within the next 12-24 hours. And, to help confirm that ovulation happened (although it isn't helpful to give you some advance notice.....LOL!) I do my basal temperatures each morning at around the same time to see that my temp has risen (and it should stay up for at least 3 consecutive days) and that I did actually ovulate that month. Once you notice a pattern with your temps that can help
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2010