could i hemrange during a scheduled c section?

almost 3 years ago my utres would not contract back after a vaginal delievery of a 9 lb and 4oz baby causeing me to hemrange(bleed alot)

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you could hemorrhage during any kind of surgery, but a c-section is safer than a vaginal birth for you

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's hemmorage. Look up the definition of hemmorage. There are a cajillion ways to do so. A vaginal birth is actually at higher risk for it believe it or not! Relax. You will be okay honey!

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I hemorrhaged with my first ER C-sec. Nothing serious. I got an extra dose of vit k and they massaged my uterus(which hurt) but it was never life threatening. With my second, which was planned) I had no problems at all. Of course it is a possibility but your doctors are aware of your history and will know how to plan ahead to prevent any problems as best they can.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just about every surgery is going to have risk of hemorrhage/blood loss.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There is actually a higher rish of hemmoraging during a vaginal delivery then a c section.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• thank u all so much....u all have helped me calm my nerves some..
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Everything will be just fine, honey. I had a scheduled c-section with my baby girl, and they had me on iron for a good while since I'm an easy bleeder. They will push on and rub your belly to get the uterus to contract... Hurts like hell, but it works. Also, a suggestion... did you breast-feed baby #1? It's actually one of the best things to get the uterus to contract because of the hormones it releases. In cave-man times, it made you snuggle baby and kept you alive, too!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You could hemorrhage from a normal delivery and as well, any surgery runs that risk. I am sure the Dr. will take every precaution to prevent that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes you can.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes you can. You need to tell your doctor ahead of time so they can have things ready. I did this too after a vaginal delivery. But since my OB knew about it the second baby we had the meds right there during delivery and had no problems. Went on to have two more one via c-section, but since we identified the problem we were prepared and blood loss was minimal. The lower half of my uterus failed to contract down as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010