From a girl to a boy....

So...my 14 week ultrasound said a girl by a full blown "potty shot" and today the level 2 said a boy. Again with a full blown "potty shot". Each time I was convienced they were right. The first one clearly had three lines for a girl and this one clearly looked like a boy. Lol...what's a confused Mommy to do? I suppose be patient until birth day! :)

HippieChick14

Asked by HippieChick14 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ultrasounds are not always correct.... and if i read your post right you were onlt 14 wks at the time? if that is the case then they shouldnt have told you anything bc at 14 wks, even if it is a boy the testees dont drop yet....
    hunilemonrose

Answer by hunilemonrose at 4:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yeah that is probably what you'll have to do.
    I was told mine was a girl at 21wks and i go back next week for another i hope mine dont change cause you can see it but its kinda fuzzy.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The earlier ones are less accurate because the genitals are just starting to form.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• they can check again and again with every ultra sound u have from now until labor. i would trust that its a boy if they clearly saw testicles cuz a girl doesnt have testicles!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I had at least 5 ultraounds with oldest before she was born at 27 weeks. In not one of them could you tell what she was. So she was totally a surprise except that I knew in my heart of hearts she was a girl. Be pateinet and more than likely the later ultrasound is correct. BUT I did know a girl who was told she was haivng a boy. Surprise! It turned out "he" had his fist down between his legs with a thumb up. That little girl wore alot of blue for the first few weeks.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have heard that they can mistake the U. Cord for the Boys well Ya know. I
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• maybe its twins
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• twins?
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Nah, not twins...double checked that today :)
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2008