Coming home today to a full house.....

my sister, her husband, their daughter, my three kids & it was kaos. I never had a chance to breath from everyone asking me for their needs. I felt like kaos. It was so exhausting & full of so much energy & a full range of emotion. Any kind words of encouragment out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Deep breathing. It's always chaos around here. I have 5 children. My sister has 4. Every other weekend we get together and we have 9 children (plus her boyfriend's son), ages 1-10 (1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 8, 9, 10), all together under one roof. It can be quite loud. Same thing goes for when we get together with my husband's family; 16 children total ages 1-13 (6 months, 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 13) . When it gets too tough, delegate to someone else to take care of needs, just tell them I need a breath of fresh air and go outside. I have to do it sometimes when it's just my kids. But even a 5 minute break away from the noise can refresh you or at least hopefully lessen the stress.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Doesn't sound so bad to me- I come home to an empty house almost half the time...gets a little lonely so having people around even if they are demanding doesn't sound that bad to me!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Just hang in there, everything has its moments of disorder and its moments of calm. I think I would start helping my sister find a place of her own though :) Just saying, but I really prefer my alone time. Good luck hun.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• gee, sorry you had a rough day! it always helps me if i try to be super organized. plan what is going to be for dinner....plan stuff for the kids to do (by themselves lol).....plan when you will do what and that will take away some of the chaos. it will take a little bit longer beforehand, but it really cuts down on the stress!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have 5 kids.  It's always chaos here.  Then their friends come over after school.  We had like 10 kids in the house (between 3 months and 11 years) one day.  I finally couldn't take it any more and kicked all the older kids out.

We also spent a weekend with my mil and sil this summer.  The one night there were my 5 kids, my sil's 2 kids and my other sil's 3 grandkids.  That's 10 kids (ages 14, 11, 10, 8 1/2, 7 1/1, 7, 6, 4, 3 and 3 weeks).  It was CRAZY.  At one point I left and went for a walk because I couldn't take it any more.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's Always Stressful when you have Extra people at home- Nomatter, how Happy you are to see them- just remember how Blessed you are that you have them to share Special Time with:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010