Where do I look up NJ CPS rules?

I have a friend who lives in NJ. She had her kids taken by CPS almost 2 years ago. They keep coming up with new things she has to do before getting her kids back. She is so beaten down now she is almost suicidal. The reason for her kids being taken was her now EX husband who is in jail.... He will not be returning to the picture... There really is no reason for her children to still be away from her but her mom who has the children is fighting to keep them and have my friends rights taken away for good. Im trying to find the regulations or rules seeing if there is a time limit for when they decide for FINAL to either give her kids back or take them and give permanent custody to her mother. Which would be the WORST thing for those poor kids. My friend has a public defender through legal aide but her mother has tons of money and a really good attorney :-( Any help would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• that's how the law works they always come up with something different for a mother to do. the best thing I can suggest is to tell her just fight her hardest and get all the people she can on her side to say that her mother is bad for the children. Good luck and I wish her the best and I hope she gets her children back.
    momma201176

Answer by momma201176 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010