How old should my daughter be before she goes trick or treating?????

Smwall123

Asked by Smwall123 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• You can go at any age. If she really young, take a stroller and just stop at a few houses. It's more for the experience than the candy!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• old enough to eat the candy! 3? Before that it's pretty pointless as she won't understand what she's doing anyway. It's cute to dress toddlers up but pointless to take them trick or treating unless maybe if they have an older sibling.
    Anonymous

• My son is 17 months and I am taking him this year
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 9:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We took our son for the first time last year, and he was about 17 months. We just went on one street, let him try a piece of candy, and we ate the rest. LOL We will take him again this year, but probably won't go to as many houses as we will when he gets older. I'm hoping he will be more into Halloween this year. Whenever you're comfortable taking her should be fine.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine are 17 months, and we are doing trunk r treat at the church. They don't allow scary costume or scary decorations, so it's more young kid friendy. Plus they have some activities. Even if you don't attend a church (not sure if you do or don't) look and see if any are doing it. IT's really good for younger kids.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• any age is a good age, if they are to small for candy then it would be more for you than them but still its an experience that you should have. i took my son for the first time when he was 4 months old, we went with my sister and her kids i know he wont remember it but i have have tons of cute pictures from it.
    rheannonbby

Answer by rheannonbby at 10:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i took my daughtrer last year she was 7 months and this year we are going again. i go to my brother's every year to see my nephews so i wont stop the tradition. she is 19months and she will love to run after the older kids. i can't wait to take pictures and videos of it. so any age if you like the holiday.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Trick-or-treating period, or trick-or-treating ny herself? Imo, anyone in a costume is old enough to trick-or-treat! And if she's old enough to go alone, she's probably not young enough to go at all anymore, in MY opinion.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Seriously, if a month-old baby showed up at my doorstep with a costume on, I would HAPPILY hand out some candy! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010