Buying random groceries

Does anyone do this? I'll see something in the grocery store, and think OH! I have to have that! And then it sits in my pantry because I forget what recipe I saw on Food Network that called for that particular ingredient.

Currently I have 3 - roasted red peppers, chinese 5 spice, and a tube of tomato paste. I do use tomato paste when I make marinara sauce, its just the tube that's the hangup.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Not anymore, but I used to. Had a bag of panko breadcrumbs sit in my cupboard for a year because I saw Alton use them and then couldn't remember what he used them for. (I've since learned a bunch of ways to use them, but at the time it was sad)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• see I knew there was a good reason i didn't watch those shows! Actually its kind of sad my boyfriend only has about 5 things he will eat so there is no reason to be adventurous (I always thought the kids were the picky ones)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 10:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh yes I have bought random things and then have no use for them I usually give them to the food shelf before they expire
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The tomato paste in the tube is so much better than canned.
    5 spice has many uses; send me a message for recipes.
    The roasted peppers are great in salad

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no,i cant afford to...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010