Activities?

I have two babies, 22 mo and 5 mo old. After lunch everyday, I do "special" activities with my son like class and then we go outside before his nap. We usually stay outside between a half hour and hour each day. Even when it rains, we go under the porch. With the weather turning colder I'm wondering what I can do for exercise and fresh air? I'm not getting a gym membership because it's too expensive and I wouldn't be able to utilize it with a 5 mo old. We go to a "mommy and me" tumbling class but it's only 30 minutes once a week. I just hate to think of my 22 mo old ds stuck indoors all winter. (Btw, I live in Southwest MI). lol Any suggestions?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do they have places like Jungle Jims or for gymnastics? What about at the community centers? Do they offer anything for moms & children? How about parks and recreation? or indoor swimming? Arts and crafts? Maybe you can start a group of mom's with children your age to meet. Sometimes churches will let you use their rooms? Ask the other moms in your "Tumbling class what they are doing. Look through the yellow pages or go on line to Ask.com for things to do with your child's age group in your town. Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i would just bundle them up and go outside anyway. we don't usually stay inside just because of cold or snow....except if the sidewalks are icy then we just play in the snow in the yard. but anyway, you could always go to a mall or the library
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Snowsuits. I know it's a hassle to bundle them up, but it's fun too. You don't have to do it everyday. For days when it's freezing-cold, you could try having your own "gym class." Try adapting some of the exercises from "Mommy & Me," to do at home. I think there are children's exercise DVD's. (It's been a long time since I had little kids.) Wish I could be more helpful.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010