Gained 10 pnds within the last 2 days! Was told I have ovarian cyst

anyone else had this and did your weight go down? They did not do a ultrasound just felt my abdomen and I was having extreme pain on my right pelvic area and lower right back. gave me a shot for the pain and said cyst usually go away. I have a history of cyst but never like this. I look like im 4 months pregnant.

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 9:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• You are retaining fluids, it's not the cysts themselves. That happens everytime I have a bad episode of the cysts. It goes away after the cysts rupture or I go back in and have them surgically removed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Happens to me too, but they usually confirm with u/s. I get insanely naseated and diarrhea when one ruptures. :P I get about 1 or 2 a year
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• they can tell that just by touching you I would get an ultra sound an find out whats going on inside there not wait for it to burst.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They can't diagnose a cyst without doing an ultrasound or ct scan. Cysts are often blown off. What they don't tell you is that a cyst can be cancerous & by the time they figure it out, it's beyond help.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010