Why do people have to be mean?

Why can't people be nicer to other people?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• because thats all the know. their parents were probably mean...and they learned that being mean makes them feel better.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• because it makes them feel better about themself
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 9:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Let me know you you find out please!LOL!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Makes them feel powerful or somehow better than those they put down? I don't know, I just wish we could all get along ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was just telling my grandfather that today, and why do people have to LIE so much?!!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have been mean in the past.. my anger came from being bullied. then i got a chip on my shoulder, i was mistreated so thought i had to be mean to others. i know thats horrible but i just found myself calling people names.. it took me a while to realise i was nasty and was most likely hurting people feelings. but most of the time people do it to make them feel better or their own insecurities.. i didnt do it to make me feel better i just did it because i was angry at the world.
    some people, like myself, realise that being mean is not the way to go and we change, but then you get others that will never change.. outside influences play a large role in why the people are the way they are.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Superiority complex... that is all.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Low self esteem...

It's a cultural cycle. We tell our children and people in general, that if they have any pride in themselves there is something wrong with them. We tell them if they are prideful, they are sinning... If they love themselves to much they are flawed... So we learn from a young age to look for imperfections in ourselves. As adults we have learned that we aren't as good as others. But nature (human nature) tells us we are all equal... So, what happens? We get to the point where we start to feel like we need to find flaws in others in order to make them just as imperfect as we are, and to make ourselves feel better at the same time...

And because we grew up with these notions we pass them on, and so forth and so on...

You want it to end? Do something about it. Don't ever teach your children they are less than anyone else, teach equality from day one, and don't douse their love of themselves!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When you find the answer to this one let me know because I wonder the same thing
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Because they are bitter in their real life and take it out on strangers.....

Answer by older at 7:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010