Does anyone make cookies or a cake using candy bars?

I've seen some recipes in the past.. never tried them though. What do you make using candy bars? Was it or is it good??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have 2, but I don't have the recipes written down. One is usually called surprise cookies - most recipes I've seen make something like a sugar cookie or butter cookie dough. I use the recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough, just without the chips. Use the dough to make a ball around the smallest size candy bar (the square ones) or cut the fun size ones in half. They bake like regular cookies, but the cook time is about twice as long. The candy melts inside like a lava cake. The other one is really easy - take mini pretzels and some kind of mini candy bar with caramel in it. Make sandwiches on wax or parchment paper - candy between two pretzels. Bake until the candy melts and let it cool.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine is sort of the same as NotPanicking, I make like a sugar cookie (or peanut butter cookie) dough, and wrap it around a mini reese's peanut butter cup and bake. So good. I prefer to use the Sam's Choice peanut butter cups but they can't be found every time I decide to buy them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I make like a sugar cookie (or peanut butter cookie) dough, and wrap it around a mini reese's peanut butter cup and bake

Stealing that!! I usually stick to caramelly things like milky ways or dove promises. Never thought to go the pb route.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Make your favorite brownie recipe or mix. Spread about half of it down in the pan. Put down a layer of peppermint patties. Cover with the remaining batter and bake according to the directions. Very yummy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• mmm you guys are makin me hungry..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I recently have tried PB cookies with a mini snickers in the middle....OMGoodness!!!! Heaven and I HATE PB cookies :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010