If you could stop judging people on one thing what would it be?

We ALL judge people to some degree some more than others. It doesnt mean we think we are better or faster or happier than someone else. Our brains put things into categories to help us to understand whats around you (its the same as a child calling a horse a dog because it has four legs). BUT even with judging being okay I wish I didn't look at peoples clothing to do that.

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 10:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• id like to not judge people by the way they look, yes clothing plays a key part to the judgement. and i wish i could not judge someone just because someone else has ill thoughts about them.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I guess my bad judging thing is just men. If I am out alone at night any man scares the crap out of me. i know it isn't fair because most wouldn't do anything to hurt me but it is an automatic thing. i would love to not be so paranoid.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 10:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The way people speak, or the way people write. I feel like a cow when I judge people for something so petty, but it's an automatic thought so it's hard to stop.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• LOL! I just realized you were saying what is the one thing i'd STOP judging? WOW, that is a hard one. I'm trying to be more tolerant of people who are mean, hurtful, and hard on their children and ppl in general. I'm trying to look for the best in even the most hurtful person I know. Do you know what they said to me? Of course not, what a silly question LOL I was told they are mean to me because they know I'll forgive them! What do I do with that? I know, love them anyway... So, I guess I would stop judging others actions and find out why they are responding the way they did. I'll try, really
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i try really hard not to judge people, but i usually have a hard struggle when i see someone really fat. i used to be really fat and i can tell you 9 times out of 10 it's just laziness. yes, there are some people with problems, or are on steroids which make them gain weight, but the vast majority is from choosing the wrong food and not exercising. so i guess i really struggle with that because i was there once.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm with Nanixh, I tend to think automatic moron if someone can't type like and adult and not a teenager texting. I'm getting old I guess....LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When 1 out of every 10 words out of a person's mouth is a swear, especially the F-bomb, then I judge them as ignorant.
    I'll probably continue to do so.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My judging lies in the actions of others. Ex: a mother dragging her tired child acroos the department store yelling at them, telling them to hurry while she looks for another sale. Or the parent who yells at their child because they're having a bad day. One that really gets me is when the child talked back to a teacher. He gets disaplined at school. comes home, told he's on restriction til his grades come up, can't watch TV cause he got in trouble, then is told to go to his room for the night without dinner. He was disaplined 4 times over. Are we getting out of hand? And whats with the name calling? My brother-in-law would call my sister's girls the C word, or the B word when they were only 12 yrs old? Whats up with putting people down? LIke here...they call them weird because they don't ask questions of their liking or they say they are trolls? Or telling a mom she doesn't love her child because she smokes. I don't understand
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010