My fiance blames me for babys accidents

she has only fallen 2 times and she 7 months (today!). the first time i was in the shoer with her and she was in her bath tub support thing (it looke like a lounge chair sorta). we used to always take our baths together until i was rincing out my hair and she sat up too fast and fell on her face. she started screaming (i was as shocked as she was) and he comes running in there screaming and cussing at me, did you drop her?!!! wtf did you do?! etc. (i cried for like 2 hours bc her nose bled. she was totally fine though) and then tonight she was just sittin on the floor (carpet) and she fell over. i was standing about 2 feet from her doing something. and yet again...its my fault because i didnt catch her and bla bla bla. he refuses to talk about it. i am so pissed idno what to do. im not a bad mother! ut gd does he make me feel like it. how do i make him stop being so critical and blaming me? BABIES FALL!!!!! uuuugh.

KylasMommy2010

Asked by KylasMommy2010 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's 7 months old and you expect her to support herself and control herself properly in the shower? Hell yes I Would blame you too!

BABIES falling are a lot different than TODDLERS falling.
    Anonymous

• The first time yiu should not have had her in that. It wasn't safe. And at 7 months babies tip over a lot so if they are sitting unsupported you should right next to them. Don't feel bad but learn from it
    BiloxiDreams

Answer by BiloxiDreams at 10:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• well if it wasnt safe then why do they sell it as part of the baby tub thing? thanks for making me feel better guys you did a great job!
    KylasMommy2010

Comment by KylasMommy2010 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it will take time for the baby's dad to understand shit happens..my husband was so anal the first 2 years of our sons life...like one time my husband walked into the bathroom the same time our then 2 yr old was getting out of the tub and it startled the bay and he fell backword and hit his head...my fault!! and there plenty of other times when our son was hurt that was my fault...he gets it now that kids get hurt..he just had to admit that to himself that he is powerless sometimes over the safety of his own kid
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think he is overreacting
    Sounds like she's ok so... maybe don't use that thing in the shower again and about her falling over- I don't get the big deal about that, she is probably going to fall a lot more in the next couple of years just be there for her and try to make sure the house is as safe as possible that's all you can do

don't beat yourself up over this...he needs to mellow out a bit
    *hug*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Wow! Get off her back! Don't feel bad mama. We all make mistakes. The shower thing was a mistake...the falling over on carpet was just a baby thing. My daughter falls over all the time when she is working on sitting up. Every baby falls before they learn. She didn't know her baby was going to fall in the shower. If it makes you feel any better once when I was bathing my 1st baby in the tub and I had his baby soap bottle on the side and I accidentally knocked it off on his head. >.< I felt horrible, but after crying a bit he was fine. Things happen. Your fiance will eventually learn that these things happen. One day she will get a bruise or scrap or something while she's under his care and he will "get it." Until then I don't really know what you can do. Men can be stubborn. Lol! Message me if you ever want to rant. I'm all ears....not not judgmental like some people on here.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• well the tub maybe say its safe but is anything really safe?? cribs on recall formula on recall yeah nothing is safe
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• dont worry about people and their judgements of your ability to be YOUR child's mother...you will make mistakes.  They will get hurt often because it is natural and normal! Good luck momma!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think he's overreacting. I would have freaked over the bloody nose, too, though. Next time you have her in the shower with you, lay her down in the tub on a folded towel. Until she can sit herself up falling over is going to happen A LOT. As for her falling sitting on the floor on carpet, that was way overreacting. It happens. If there is no injury, it's not a big deal.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• With the tub chair, it probably says on the package that an adult should always supervise. However, I have a 7 month old that is always clunking his head and I understand how fast they move. My son likes to stand up in his bathtub and he does it so fast that if I am reaching for the soap, sometimes I can't get to him in time and he ends up almost tipping his tub over. It's nice that your fiance is overprotective, but he should not be blaming you. Maybe he should try watching baby for awhile or giving her a bath.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010