Diaper sizing...

I was thinking of buy diapers in bulk but I don't want to spend all the money have some go to waste.
Gauge is in size 1 diapers and hes a little over 15lbs and hes about 4 months old.
Anyone know if its a good idea to buy size one diapers now? Or should I wait until he gets into size 2 and then buy in bulk? I'm not really sure how the diaper sizing goes.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 3:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just buy them as you go. in stead of buying in bulk put the money aside for the diapers and you will not have any waste
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• all i know is i have a bunch of size 3s left over from my son and they will be used for the next one... or i was going to give them away...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't buy your size ones in bulk anymore, but go ahead and do so with the size two. Maybe it depends on the brand, but I wouldn't think he'd be in size ones much longer. My guy is two months old, almost 15 pounds, and we're now buying size two. He'll be in size ones for a couple more days, but weight-wise he'll be ok with the twos. I know that Swaddlers also has a size 2-3 diaper, so I think I'll be buying a big box of those the next time I need to buy diapers...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would buy size 2. My guy is about the same size and as soon as we use up the diapers he has we are going to by the 2's. I wouldn't buy TONS though... we will probably get 1 box
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Move on to size 2... Luvs are AWESOME... and Target sells them in bulk 116 count..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• depends on the "bulk" size. I buy at babies r us and the box lasts about 2 weeks (about 100 or so). You'll probably be able get the size 1s to stretch that far.
    Anonymous

• My husband buys my son diapers that come in 104 or so per box, they last about 2 weeks. We usually go up a size once he starts leaking when he's only peed in the diaper a few times.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 3:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i get mine from diapers.com I bought size 3 luvs for my daughter over a month ago and she has only gone through 1/3 of them and is was only $35. she is smal though she is 10m old and weights 17.5 lbs. but it saved me alot of money cause i was buying 1 pack a week at $11 a pack before i started.
    Anonymous

• sorry i ust realized i didnt answer your ? i would wait til he was in size 2 to get it in bulk.
    Anonymous

• we might have moved fast but as soon as our son was around 12 lbs we switched him to 2's. We used pampers swaddlers not only because the doc recommended them, but because they worked the best. The only mistake we did make was buying in bulk. At this stage I wouldn't buy in bulk. We have so many 1-2, & 2 diapers we never used it's ridiculous. Wait til he's more around 18 lbs when he's in a 3-4 diaper to buy in bulk. Our son's already over 20lbs (7 months) and we barely use a box in about a month. Just put it off. It'll be worth waiting
    DLucas4108

Answer by DLucas4108 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008