does anyone now of any low income perschool or how to look for them? i am in portland Oregon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could try headstart or most public preschools are free now to 4 year old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would call the local elementary or the school board. A number of school districts have a preschool program for low income. It is funded by the federal government.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Contact your school board, and your county human services, that's where I found all my info.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Headstart. They enroll your child and start making home visits. And the sooner they can find or create a learning disability they will. They get more funding from the government that way. Then your child is exposed to more children with learning disabilities and behavior disorders. Then your child can see what those children do and try those behaviors out too. Their staff is over worked and under paid. Talk to your county about child care assistance and get enrolled in a preschool program that accepts payment from the county. Much better situation for your child and you don't have to have the home visits from headstart. The children will be around more kids without disabilities and have a better chance at a normal start in kindergarten. I know, I've worked with headstart in the professional sense. It isn't what they promote themselves as.
    Anonymous

• check your public schools
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ditto what everyone else said...also many areas have magnet schools...they are lottery based. So your child may not get it so have a back up but if they do it is totally FREE!! GL
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i dont know if you have a la petite check that out..... i go through dshs and my son was going there, now hes going to a new preschool thats closer to our home
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010