do u ever feel like ur loosing urself?

like ur just a taxi driver, a maid, a cook, a teacher, ect?
dont get me wrong, i love doing these things for my family. but lately i feel like thats all i am. there is nothing i do thats just for me. all of my friends are friends i've made thru my kids. all i ever tlk about to ne1 now is about my kids, my dh or tv (which doesnt really count). i feel like if u took away my family, u would find an empty shell.
in highschool, i was in band and choir, but i was never that good at it. there has never been nething i excel at. i just need to find something that is just for me.

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 10:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, but you said it best. You just need to find something that is just for you. It doesn't have to be a career, or school, or even something that will cost you a bunch of money. Look into yourself, what makes you happy, and you'll find the answer. I care for my children 24/7 so for me the answer was photography. Without my hobbies I would be horribly depressed.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• oh yes. i certainly do sometimes. i have a part time job i only work about 8 hrs a week. i keep begging for more, but its a new business and she cant afford it. anyway, my fiance works about 60 hrs a week. and he is constantly telling me that "he pays the bills so it has to be his way" and blah blah blah you know where im going. i feel like i try so hard. to be agood mother and wife. i do everything. but tis never enough...nothing i do is ever good enough and its hardly ever appreciated. the thing that i do that does make me feel good though, i go to college. and i do well. it gives me sense of purpose and makes me feel good to know that i learned something. :) hope it helps.
    KylasMommy2010

Answer by KylasMommy2010 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• sounds like you need to make room for some "me time"... get to know yourself away from the family. we can't ever be truly happy in life unless we are happy with ourselves. I do know how you feel though.
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my dh wants me to go back to college, and i really do. but we would be paying for it straight with school loans and i just dont feel like we are ready financially do that.

i am so stressed out about this that i feel sick. maybe this is why i have been feeling horrible all week last week
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• KylasMommy2010, you need to find a man who'll appreciate you! Relationships aren't about money. Its sharing a life together. Its making choices together. When someone says, "My Way," that means they don't care what you think. They're selfish. You deserve to be treated with respect, lovingkindness, & honor. If he doesn't do that now, what's it gonna be like after you marry? Do you really want this type of relationship the rest of your life? Do you want it for your children as well? Coz he will treat them the same as he's treating you.

Phippsandrea, what do you enjoy doing for fun? Hiking, bowling, painting, writing, singing? Find a group you can join to do this. Instead of taking a bunch of classes, take one. I took cerramics, working with clay. I loved it! I took a writing class. Or maybe looking on-line in Google.com. Ask whats available for something you enjoy. Sky diving, bungy jumping, raceing,etc.. Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010