Kind of a spin-off to my question yesterday....

Last night I asked "If you did it, what will you do if your child does it?"

Most responses I got involved being open with their children about their experiences and hoping that they will learn from them...which I think is good.

Now my question is...Did you stop doing something because you realized that there was potential for your children to do it too and didn't want to be viewed as a hypocrite to your child if you were to punish them or simply tell them not to?

And I'm not saying that that's wrong...

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• The things I tell my children not to do are things they are not allowed to do because of their age. Some things that I feel are just wrong, cursing for example, I try to not do at all. Not just around the children. Occasionally I slip and boy do they notice. I let them know even mommy and daddy mess up sometimes. I want my children to learn from example as well as by what I tell them. I don't have a whole lot in my present or my past that I am ashamed of, so I won't feel like much of a hypocrite telling my children what they should or should not do.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010